Saturday, January 8, 2011

My First Handspun, Handknit Sweater



This was the first completed sweater I've ever made from my natural (undyed) handspun yarn which came from my friend's CVM sheep. It's singly ply and spun in a thick/ thin manner. I didn't put any buttons on it but used an over-sized metal safety pin style clasp. I'm glad it fit after all that work and I'm happy with the simple rustic look of it. Big Thanks to all my friends who helped me acquire the necessary skills along the way, particularly ;Lee, Kathy D. and Judy for all the hand holding while I wrestled with my "perfectionist, I don't know what I'm doing and afraid to make a mistake syndrome" My old Armenian Auntie had an expression "everything's easy once you know how to do it" I've come to understand the profound sense in this philosophy.

2 comments:

  1. oh this is a beauty...textural and soft and asking to be touched...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gwen, this was a soft wool to spin, and now I can't wait to make more sweaters. I must be having some sort of issue with the blog comment section of my blog, sorry this was the first I saw of your comment, thanks for visiting

    ReplyDelete